Thursday, October 1, 2009

A huge thanks to Wal-Mart

My name was drawn today for a $100 gift card to Wal-mart for classroom supplies. I told my kids I would give them some input and within 5 minutes I had several emails asking for Guitar Hero 5. I have created monsters! So, after I left school I went to Wal-mart and picked up Guitar Hero 5, a football, Sorry, Trouble, Scrabble, High School Musical game, and a Bakagon game. I am excited to give the kids an opportunity to play with these things. They have worked very hard and have earned Playstation time this week!

We have Homework Hounds tomorrow for all of the kids that have completed all of their homework for the first 6 weeks. My kids are so excited about Playstation that they do not want to go to the park for Homework Hounds. :) I can't believe that the first 6 weeks are already over. We had our first math benchmark this week. Our scores were not so great so I gave my students another chance to fix their answers today and their scores greatly improved! I wish they would take their time the first time. They will...eventually. My kids made a lot of growth in the first 6 weeks. I can't wait to see how much they grow throughout the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment