Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We are Family!

My kids made me laugh, rub my head (due to a little stress), and amazed me today. First, they are becoming so independent on the laptops. They are coming in every morning, getting out their laptops and emailing their commitments to me. :) It's amazing! I had a huge grin on my face today as I overheard a group of boys talking about college and "how important it is to get your degree". SUCCESS!! Our week has been much better than before and my students are working very hard. I have a very unusual group of students. Not in a bad way, but interesting. Usually the drama is with girls but with my group this year it is my boys!

Boyfriend and Girlfriends have started! Why don't members of the opposite sex have cooties anymore? I thought boys were gross until at least middle school! I had a student tell me that one of our school family members is a heart breaker (but in a whole lot more words) and he was very concerned about the girls of 4th grade. It was so funny and I had a hard time keeping from laughing.

One of our school family members has been out for a few days and the rest of our family has missed him very much. When he walked in today they all cheered that our friend was back! I have these trophies that I got from the Dollar Tree that students hand out to each other when they see an act of kindness or someone making good choices. Well, when our missed family member walked in the door a student gave him a trophy because he was so happy he was back. I am seeing a lot more encouragement, well wishes and support in our classroom and it is nice to see this hard work pay off. Well, 2 more days of the week... here's to a great end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment