Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The quest continues...

Today I introduced e-mail to my students. Right now, I am using this as a way to increase communication within our class. However, eventually I want to use it as a way for them to turn in assignments by emailing them to me. I found this great website www.zilladog.com, which is kid friendly email and requires a parent to set up the account and buddy list. Most of the day my kids wanted to email each other. In fact, they even passed up recess to stay in and email!! I couldn't believe my eyes!

I am discovering that it is taking longer for my students to complete their assignment because typing takes longer than writing. I don't mind because they are very engaged in their learning and are not complaining at all! It's amazing! My book club that was supposed to last a week will extend another week so I don't have to worry about rushing them and I want to make sure they complete their assignments to the best of their ability. This has given me motivation to find grants in technology so I can permanently have a laptop cart in my classroom. Thanks for reading about our adventures! It's nice to have a place to get out my "teacher" stories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment