Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Professional Development here I come!!

You may have figured this out already, but I get bored easy. To combat my boredom, I stay busy and go WAY beyond the call of duty. So last week was pretty exciting in ways of professional development. My friends and I saw the draft of an article we wrote that is going to be published in Science and Children this summer. Then, I found out that out of a ton of teachers in the state, I was one of 30 selected to attend G Camp. G Camp is a 17 day experience where we travel through Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado exploring geological sights and learning about ways we can use them in the classroom.

This week we went on a field trip to Innerspace Caverns. It was so cool and now I am stoked about my trip this summer. The kids had a great time and learned a lot. Not to mention, their behavior was great!! We mined for jewels, explored a cave 50 feet below the city of Austin, and saw a bat the size of a chicken nugget. For a while, I felt like I was back in Florida since it was so humid once we got deep into the cave. It was one of the best field trips I have been on in a while. The kids learned a lot, the teachers enjoyed it, and the weather was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment