Monday, July 19, 2010

Alpine Jeep Ride

Today we took a jeep ride through the mountains. There isn't much to talk about other than what we saw, which you can view on facebook. It was pretty chilly and rained on us for a few minutes but we survived the narrow, one lane, mountain roads. We saw some beautiful wild flowers and a ton of mining fields. The ride was a lot of fun and a little scary at times. Plus, it was VERY bumpy. What has been interesting is having all of these teachers together. DRAMA!!! I'm staying away from the drama and am getting a ton of exercise! I learned the dark chocolate helps with the altitude headaches and it was true! I also had an interesting experience, at least something I haven't done in years! We stopped at a collection of trees and bushes. They informed us it was a bathroom break and I didn't want to believe them. Well, they weren't kidding around and I had to pee in the bushes and I don't remember the last time I did that! It was gross and I am not for roughing it! For dinner we went back to the mexican place that was so yummy. Then, we came back to the hotel and did laundry to get ready for the rest of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment