Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 15

Man, I can't believe that G Camp is almost over. I have had so much fun but I am also ready to get home to my own bed and family. Today we started off at Sonora Caverns and walked in the 98% humidity 70 degree cave. It had a lot of beautiful formations and had fun checking them all out. After the cave, we went to lunch at McDonalds (again). Then, we started our way to Fredricksburg, being teased with all of the stores and cute shops. We finally made it to Enchanted Rock and I saw the size of that thing *gulp*!
Okay friends, I would like to introduce you to Enchanted Rock. It is made of Granite. Notice the lack of clouds in the sky. The clouds that were there didn't do much protecting from the heat. It was hot but I made it to the top and back down! Plus, I wasn't as out of breath as I have been with all of the other stuff I have been doing and didn't feel like I was going to die! I would consider coming back here for fun. Tonight we are in Blanco, TX. We took the scenic route and saw LBJ's ranch on our way in town. Tomorrow is our last day, aside from turning in supplies and a post test on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing Brad. :) We will spend our last day in the Lake Canyon Gorge, which was formed by a flood within the past few years. We have studied the effects of glaciers so it will be interesting to see how fast moving water impacts geology. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment