Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 12

Today started off bright and early. Well, it was early and I wasn't very bright... at all. The bus was FREEZING!! I bundled up and went back to sleep until we stopped in Alamosa for breakfast. McDonalds in Alamosa, CO is FAIL!! First, they only accepted cash. Then, ALL of their sodas were flat so I didn't get my morning caffeine. Actually, I did. Thank God I had an extra Diet Mountain Dew in my bag. Then, they got my order completely wrong. And to top it all off, they were out of hashbrowns so we had french fries at 9 in the morning. *shaking head* Ridic!

We drove for a few more hours then stopped in Taos, New Mexico where we looked at the Taos Gorge. At the gorge, the Rio Grande River has carved into tons of rock. It is unbelievable. Then, we drove to the Bandelier National Monument to look at Tuff and Pueblo homes carved in the Tuff. The picture of me today is at the monument, walking up a ladder to one of the rooms of the Pueblo home.

We made it to Santa Fe, NM around 6 pm. We went to The Shed for dinner and it was pretty yummy. I learned about the red and green sauce that Lauren was talking about and tried both of them. The only thing I didn't like is that chips and salsa weren't included with our meal at a Mexican place but that is a minor complaint. Well, I'm off to bed with the sound thunder soothing me to sleep. :)  Tomorrow we spend another day in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment