Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today was a pretty chill day and I loved every minute of it. First, we stopped at the Dallas Divide and looked at the effect of glaciers on the land’s surface. We also found out that we were standing on the boundaries of Ralph Lauren’s ranch. Upon this announcement one girl said, “That’s my future ex-husband” and everyone was slightly shocked. She then replied with, “What? I’m just being realistic?”

After that we went to Telluride, a ski resort town with the cutest shops and some fantastic landforms. We rode the Gondola up to Mountain City and explored the various trails. Then, we went to lunch at the Sheritan Hotel and had some pretty good Mac and Cheese. I can’t say it’s the BEST but it was pretty darn good. After lunch we explored an area that had some waterfalls and a mining area. Then, we had our real adventure! We explored the stream and measured the velocity of the water. The water was FREEZING!!It was pretty cool to do a small portion of studies that geologists do. Then, we dyed the water so we could see the flow of the water. The water came up to my knees but it was a lot of fun!

After Telluride, we drove to Ouray, our home for the next 4 days. It is very beautiful here and I would love to come here again! We went to a Mexican restaurant and it was delicious! Our room is amazing!! We have two doors, 2 kind size beds, electric fireplace, a balcony overlooking the river, and tons of western themed décor! Apparently bears are a problem here so we are hopeful that we will actually see a bear, from a distance of course. I will continue to keep you posted on our journeys. I apologize that I don’t have any pictures today but I have a really bad connection. Feel free to check facebook for some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment