Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 7

Day 7 and I am in Heaven!! Let me put a disclaimer out there: Our internet is REALLY slow so I am not going to put up pictures for the next few days on the blog. However, they are on facebook so feel free to check them out there. I hope our internet connection is good enough for me to put captions up today. Today we got to sleep in an hour before starting our adventure. First, we drove up The Million Dollar Highway, which is a VERY curvy road up and down the mountains. It is called this because it cost $1 Million to build one mile. After surviving the way to Silverton, we explored the The Old 100 Gold Mine. Unfortunately, we didn't find any gold so I am not rich. Darn! After that we explored the town and saw an old time train, which I didn't get a picture of because for once, I did not bring my camera. On the way back to Ouray we stopped at a few placed to look at geological features. At one of them, I managed to find the one part of the sidewalk that was missing and fell. Apparently I was graceful and I managed to protect my precious camera and scraped my elbow. :( Tonight we went downtown and I bought a walking stick for our hikes, which will hopefully help some. I needed it today on the sidewalk. My major point of excitement today was finding a rock and being able to identify it! GO ME!!! Alrighty, my laundry is done. Tomorrow is our free day in town so I will let you know what adventure we come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment