Sunday, July 18, 2010

G Camp Day 9.... Half way point

Today we started off with Box Canyon. In the canyon there is a very LOUD and beautiful waterfall. After climbing to the top and bottom of the waterfall we ate lunch in town. We went to the park and followed a course, which we used to create our own map. I learned how to use this fancy compass and the name escaped me. Then we learned how to find the strike and dip of a rock and how to describe soil. After that, we walked around town for a bit and decided to call it a night. :) Tomorrow we are going on a jeep ride. My elbow is hanging in there. My ankle and back hurt a little but nothing major. Today marks the halfway point and it's bittersweet. I'm really missing B-rad and Daisy but I am also having a ton of fun and learning a whole bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment